About this book
Containing a wealth of real world advice and written from an operational perspective, "Practical Biometrics" examines the many issues raised by the application of biometric technologies to practical situations, with specific regard to wide scale public applications. It acts as a practical guide to implementation, identifying the associated issues around:
* Scalability in applications featuring biometric verification techniques
* Interoperability, both from a technical and operational perspective
* Ethnicity and the associated implications for biometric verification checks
* Failure to enroll and other error conditions
* User psychology – the less obvious, but vitally important aspects of operational performance.
"Practical Biometrics" provides an invaluable resource to program managers, application developers, consultants, and other interested in this technology.