China as a Leader in Green Finance
- 10 Downloads
To offset environmental and social challenges, China has created a well-ordered green finance system to enhance green investment returns, reduce returns on polluting investments and increase investors’ and consumers’ preferences for green assets. This has allowed China to mitigate the harmful consequences of unchecked industrialization and to develop a more sustainable growth model, making it stronger and more competitive in the global economy overall.
- Baneman, Roger, ed. 2018. Green Banks Around the Globe: 2018 Year in Review. Green Bank Network, November 29. https://www.nrdc.org/sites/default/files/green-banks-year-in-review-2018.pdf
- China Sets Out Scaled-Back Vision for Biggest Carbon Market. Bloomberg, December 19, 2017. https://about.bnef.com/blog/china-unveils-plan-for-worlds-biggest-carbon-trading-market/
- China’s Green Loans Post Steady Growth in Q1. China Daily.com.CN, April 28, 2019. http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201904/28/WS5cc54bd2a3104842260b8e30.html
- Establishing China’s Green Financial System. Green Finance Task Force, April 2015. https://www.cbd.int/financial/privatesector/china-green%20task%20force%20report.pdf
- G20 Green Finance Synthesis Report. UN Environmental Programme Inquiry, September 5, 2016. http://unepinquiry.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Synthesis_Report_Full_EN.pdf
- Gilbert, Sean, and Lihuan Zhou. 2017. The Knowns and Unknowns of China’s Green Finance. The New Climate Economy. http://newclimateeconomy.report/workingpapers/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/03/NCE2017_ChinaGreenFinance_corrected.pdf
- Guidelines for Establishing the Green Financial System. The People’s Bank of China, September 2, 2016. http://www.pbc.gov.cn/english/130721/3133045/index.html
- Hammond, George. 2019. Asia-Pacific Issuance of Green Bonds Hits Record High of $18.9bn. Financial Times, October 28. https://www.ft.com/content/67d43332-f604-11e9-9ef3-eca8fc8f2d65
- How China Cut Its Air Pollution. The Economist, January 25, 2018. https://www.economist.com/the-economist-explains/2018/01/25/how-china-cut-its-air-pollution2018
- Jun, Ma, Deborah Seligsohn, and Xueman Wang. 2018. When Finance Goes Green: A Chinese Solution to Environmental Changes. https://watson.brown.edu/events/2018/when-finance-goes-green-chinese-solution-environmental-changes. Accessed 19 April 2018.
- Kao, Ernest. 2018. 1 Million Dead and US$38 Billion Lost: The Price of China’s Air Pollution. South China Morning Post, October 2. https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/2166542/air-pollution-killing-1-million-people-and-costing-chinese
- Roadmap for China: Using Green Securitisation, Tax Incentives and Credit Enhancements to Scale Green Bonds. Climate Bonds Initiative, April 2016. https://www.iisd.org/sites/default/files/publications/greening-securitisation-tax-incentives-credit-enhancements-green-bonds-en.pdf
- Stoerk, Thomas. 2018. Effectiveness and Cost of Air Pollution Control in China. Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, November. http://www.lse.ac.uk/GranthamInstitute/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/working-paper-273-Stoerk-Nov2018.pdf