Research into Regional Specificity of Information Support Tools in Business Process Management
- 13 Downloads
Assessment of regional specificity relating to the use of information technologies that support the business process management of industrial corporations of the Ural region is highly relevant. This research is aimed at identifying the gap in the synchronization of global and regional trends in the information support to business process management.
The methodology basis for the research is the Hype Cycle for BPM proposed by the Gartner company. The basis for comparing the types of information platforms used by industrial corporations of the Sverdlovsk region for managing business processes are the Hype Cycle for BPM compiled by Gartner in 2010–2017. The technology used in the Sverdlovsk region was assessed on the basis of a sample survey and evaluation.
The research findings demonstrate significant differences in global trends and regional situation in using information support tools for managing business processes. The authors quite clearly demonstrate the quantitative and qualitative gaps in the availability of information on advanced business process support systems based on the example of the Ural region. The gaps cannot influence the activities of regional enterprises leading them to a competitive lag.
KeywordsHype cycle for BPM Information systems Ural region Global trends Business processes
- 1.Rogers, E. M., & Shoemaker, F. F. (1971). Communication of innovations: A cross-cultural approach. New York: Free Press.Google Scholar
- 2.Rogers, E. M. (2010). Diffusion of innovations. New York: Simon and Schuster.Google Scholar
- 3.Fedorova, A., Ferrara, M., & Fierro, P. (2017). The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): From static to dynamic compliance. Law and Economics Yearly Review, 6, 283–302.Google Scholar
- 5.Steinert, M., & Leifer, L. (2010). Scrutinizing Gartner’s hype cycle approach. Picmet 2010 technology management for global economic growth (pp. 1–13).Google Scholar
- 10.(2010). Hype cycle for business process management. Accessed December 26, 2019, from https://www.gartner.com/en/documents/1410814
- 11.(2015). Hype cycle for business process management. Accessed December 26, 2019, from https://www.gartner.com/en/documents/3102223
- 12.Plakhin, A., Semenets, I., Kokovikhin, A., & Dolzhenko, R. (2018). Improving the quality management of an enterprise in the field of underwater construction. In MATEC web of conferences, 178. Google Scholar
- 13.Plakhin, A., Semenets, I., Ogorodnikova, E., & Mironov, D. (2018). Improvement of tools for decision support systems (DSS) in corporate information systems of industrial enterprises. In MATEC web of conferences, 178.Google Scholar