Effect of Diagonal and Off-Diagonal Disorder in the Multiphoton Excitation of an Active Mode Coupled to a Bath: Use of the Irreducible Recursive Residue Generation Method
- 54 Downloads
Passage from the quasiperiodic into the chaotic regime in a quantum system (a radiative active mode coupled to a laser field and in turn, intramolecularly coupled to radiatively inert background modes) is studied. Three main parameters are considered to be crucial in this passage: the radiative/intramolecular relative coupling strength, the effectiveness of the background as a bath, and the nature of the background detuning and coupling to the radiative pump mode.
KeywordsActive Mode Laser Field Chaotic Regime Roundoff Error Power Moment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.P. J. Robinson and K. A. Holbrook, “Unimolecular Reactions,” Wiley, New York (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.D. W. Noid, M. L. Koszykowski and R. A. Marcus, in “Ann. Rev. of Phys. Chem.,” Vol. 32, eds. B. S. Rabinovitch, J. M. Schurr and H. L. Strauss (1981).Google Scholar
- 10.C. D. Cantrell, H.W. Galbraith, and J. R. Ackerhalt, in “Multiphoton Processes,” edited by J. H. Eberly and P. Lambropoulos, ( Wiley, New York, 1978 ), p. 331.Google Scholar
- 16.R. Haydock, in “Solid State Physics,” H. Ehrenreich, F. Seitz, and D. Turnbull, eds. ( Academic, New York, 1980 ).Google Scholar
- 17.R. Haydock, in “Excitations in Disordered Systems” M. F. Thorpe, ed., ( Plenum, New York, 1981 ).Google Scholar
- 18.R. R. Whitehead, A. Watt, B. J. Cole and I. Morrison, in “Advances in Nuclear Physics,” Vol. 9, ed. M. Baranger and E. Vogt ( Plenum, New York, 1977 ), p. 123.Google Scholar
- 22.J.-P. Gaspard and P. Lambin, in “The Recursion Method and its Applications,” D. G. Pettifor and D. L. Wearie, eds. ( Springer, Berlin 1984 ), p. 72.Google Scholar
- 24.N. Moiseyev, I. Schek and R. E. Wyatt, Chem. Phys. Lett (submitted).Google Scholar
- 27.I. Schek, N. Moiseyev and R. E. Wyatt, J. Chem. Phys. (submitted).Google Scholar