Algebraic Topological Analysis of Time-Sequence of Digital Images
- 642 Downloads
This paper introduces an algebraic framework for a topological analysis of time-varying 2D digital binary–valued images, each of them defined as 2D arrays of pixels. Our answer is based on an algebraic-topological coding, called AT–model, for a nD (n=2,3) digital binary-valued image I consisting simply in taking I together with an algebraic object depending on it. Considering AT–models for all the 2D digital images in a time sequence, it is possible to get an AT–model for the 3D digital image consisting in concatenating the successive 2D digital images in the sequence. If the frames are represented in a quadtree format, a similar positive result can be derived.
KeywordsDigital Image Simplicial Complex Chain Complex Simplicial Representation Geometric Realization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Computation of Cohomology Operations on Finite Simplicial Complexes. Homology, Homotopy and Applications 5(2), 83–93 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.González–Díaz, R., Real, P.: Geometric Object and Cohomology Operations. In: Proceeding CASC 2002, pp. 121–130 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.González–Díaz, R., Medrano, B., Real, P., Sánchez–Peláez, J.: Topological control in digital images (in preparation)Google Scholar
- 11.MacLane, S.: Homology. Classic in Math. Springer, Heidelberg (1995)Google Scholar
- 14.Rosenfeld, A., Kak, A.C.: Digital Picture Processing, vol. 2. Academic Press, London (1982)Google Scholar