Metamodeling Made Easy – MetaEdit+ (Tool Demonstration)
- 647 Downloads
Many current metamodeling environments still require manual programming to build full tool support for the modeling language, especially for language constraints, representational elements and graphical editing tools. Because of this, a considerable part of development resources has to be reserved for secondary assets of the final environment instead of its main vehicle, the modeling language itself. In this demonstration, we present the MetaEdit+ metaCASE tool, and show how metamodeling and tool support for domain-specific modeling languages can be completed without programming. We will describe the metamodeling tool set of MetaEdit+ and explain how conceptual and representational metamodeling is carried out with it. Finally, we will look at the executable modeling environment derived from the metamodel.
KeywordsModeling Language Tool Support State Transition Diagram Language Constraint Symbol Definition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kelly, S.: Tools for Domain-Specific Modeling – Generating Code from Models. Dr Dobb’s journal (September 2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Kelly, S., Lyytinen, K., Rossi, M.: MetaEdit+ A Fully Configurable Multi-User and Multi-Tool CASE and CAME Environment. In: Vassiliou, Y., Mylopoulos, J. (eds.) Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering. Springer, Heidelberg (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Luoma, J., Kelly, S., Tolvanen, J.-P.: Defining Domain-Specific Modeling Languages: Collected Experiences. In: Tolvanen, J.-P., Sprinkle, J., Rossi, M. (eds.): Proceedings of the 4th OOPSLA Workshop on Domain-Specific Modeling (DSM 2004), Computer Science and Information System Reports, Technical Reports, TR-33, University of Jyväskylä, Finland (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.MetaEdit+ User’s Guide. MetaCase, Jyväskylä, Finland (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.MetaCase web at, http://www.metacase.com