Multiscale Modeling of Defectsin Semiconductors:A Novel Molecular-Dynamics Scheme
- 708 Downloads
Now that the modeling of simple semiconductor systems has become reliable, accurate and routine, attention is focusing on larger scale, more complex simulations. Many of these necessarily involve multiscale aspects and can only be tackled by addressing the different length scales simultaneously. We discuss some of the types of problems that require multiscale approaches. Finally we describe the LOTF (learn-on-the-fly) hybrid scheme with a series of examples to show its versatility and power.
Keywords71.10.-w 71.17.-m 71.23.-k 71.55.-i 63.20Mt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Kahn, R. Ballarini, J. J. Bellante, A. H. Heuer: Science 298, 1215 (2002) Google Scholar
- B. Lawn: Fracture of Brittle Solids (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge 1993) Google Scholar
- J. Molecular Structure – Theochem, Special Issue, vol. 632 (Elsevier Science BV 2003) Combined QM/MM Calculations in Chemistry and Biochemistry Google Scholar
- A. De Vita, R. Car: MRS Proc. 491, 473 (1998) Google Scholar
- W. H. Press, S. A. Teukolsky, W. T. Vetterling, B. P. Flannery: Numerical Recipes in C, 2 ed. (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge 1992) Google Scholar
- P. Gumbsch: Brittle fracture and the breaking of atomic bonds, in Materials Science for the 21st Century, vol. A (The Society of Materials Science, JSMS, Japan) pp. 50–58 Google Scholar