A Wavelet-Based Fragile Watermarking Scheme for Secure Image Authentication
- 898 Downloads
This paper proposes a wavelet-based fragile watermarking scheme for secure image authentication. In the proposed scheme, the embedded watermark is generated using the discrete wavelet transform (DWT), and then the improved security watermark by scrambling encryption is embedded into the least significant bit (LSB) of the host image. The proposed algorithm not only possesses excellent tamper localization properties and greater security against many attacks, but also demonstrates a new useful feature that can indicate whether the modification made to the image is on the contents or the embedded watermark. If only the watermark is modified, the authenticity of the image is assured, instead of being declared as a counterfeit. Experimental results illustrate the effectiveness of our method.
Keywordsfragile watermarking discrete wavelet transform (DWT) the vector quantization attack the transplantation attack
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yeung, M.M., Mintzer, F.: An invisible watermarking technique for image verification. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Image Processing, vol. 2, pp. 680–683 (1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Wong, P.: A public key watermark for image verification and authentication. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Image Processing, Chicago, IL, pp. 425–429 (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Barreto, P., Kim, H., Rijmen, V.: Toward secure public-key block-wise fragile authentication watermarking. IEE Proceedings-Vision, Image and Signal Processing (149), 57–62 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Fridrich, J.: Security of fragile authentication watermarks with localization. In: Proc. SPIE, Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents, San Jose, CA, pp. 691–700 (January 2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Suthaharan, S.: Fragile image watermarking using a gradient image for improved localization and security. Pattern Recognition Letters (25), 1893–1903 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Yuan, Y., Li, C.-T.: Fragile Watermarking Scheme Exploiting Non-deterministic Block-wise Dependency. In: Proceeding of 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2004) (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital image processing, 2nd edn. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing (2003) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 12.Yuqi, L.: The Theory of Probability and Statistics. National Defense Industry Press, Beijing (2001) (in Chinese)Google Scholar