MCDA — Multi-Criteria Decision Making in e-commerce
- 572 Downloads
The growing markets of e-commerce created renewed interest in methodologies that were developed more than thirty years ago and found broad usage in various fields like Operations Research, Decision Theory, Artificial Intelligence, Micro-Economic Theory, etc. One such methodology is multi-criteria decision-making or analysis (MCDA). It can be used for making decisions about options like goods and services, and plays an import role in e- as well as m-commerce markets. We review the main techniques of MCDA like SCORING (SAW), TOPSIS, AHP, PROMETHEE, DEA and apply them to one particular decision example using a software program specifically developed for this purpose, available online at http://mcda.dynalias.org. We carefully compare the methods presented, and propose a hybrid technique called “GiUnTa” to reconcile the differing rankings obtained with each procedure. A similar approach and software solution can be used in real life decision situations that require fast consideration of multiple criteria over a large number of alternatives.
KeywordsData Envelopment Analysis Data Envelopment Analysis Model Efficiency Frontier Screen Shot Simple Additive Weighting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bamberg, G. and Coenenberg, A.G., Betriebswirtschaftliche Entscheidungslehre, 11. Auflage, Verlag Vahlen, München, 2002Google Scholar
- J.P. Brans, P. Vincke, B. Mareschal, How to select and how to rank projects: The Promethee method, EJOR 24, 1984Google Scholar
- Charnes, A., Cooper, W., Rhodes, E., Measuring the efficiency of decison making units, EJOR, 1978Google Scholar
- Charnes, A., Cooper, W., Lewin, A.Y., Seiford, M, Data Envelopment Analysis: Theory, Methdology and Applications, Kluwer, Boston, 1994Google Scholar
- J. Chomicki, Optimization of Preference Queries, www.cse.buffalo.edu/~chomicki, 2003Google Scholar
- Y. Dimopoulos, P. Moraitis, A. Tsoukias: Decision Analysis of Actions in Hierarchical Decomposition, Intelligent Agents: Decision-Support and Planning, G. Delia Riccia et al. (eds.), CISM series, Springer, Wien, New York, 2005.Google Scholar
- Emrouznejad, A., Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) page, access 26.02.04.Google Scholar
- Emrouznejad, A., An Extension to SAS/OR for Decision System Support, access 26.02.04Google Scholar
- R. Keeney, H. Raiffa: Decisions with Multiple Objectives: Preferences and value tradeoffs, Springer, New York etc., 1976Google Scholar
- Naumann, F., Quality-driven Query Answering for integrated information systems, LNCS, Springer, Berlin etc., 2001Google Scholar
- Schneeweiß, Ch., Planung 1, Springer, Berlin usw., 1991Google Scholar