Resonances from Strongly-Interacting Electroweak Symmetry Breaking Sector at Future e+e- Colliders
- 377 Downloads
We study new strong resonances associated with the physics responsible for the strong electroweak symmetry breaking. We write down the lowest order effective chiral Lagrangians describing the couplings of these new resonances to the Standard Model fields and calculate signals for I = J = 0 S-resonances and for I = J = 1 ρ-resonances in the WWtt scattering in the process e + e - → υυtt at the Next Linear Collider. We also find low-energy constraints on the ρ-resonance couplings to the top quark.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Swartz: Plenary talk presented at the XIX International Symposium on Lepton and Photon Interactions at High Energies, Stanford University, Aug. 9–14, 1999, [hep-ex/9912026]; L3 Collaboration, presentation at LEPC, CERN, November 1999, [http://l3www.cern.ch/conferences/talks99.html].Google Scholar
- 2.T.L. Barklow et al.: Strong coupling Electroweak Symmetry Breaking, Working Group Summary Report from the 1996 DPF/DPB Summer Study New Directions for High Energy Physics Snowmass, Colorado, June 25–July 12, 1996, [hep-ph/9704217].Google Scholar
- 3.M. Golden, T. Han, G. Valencia: Report contributed to ESB & BSM Book, ed. by T. Barklow, S. Dawson, H. Haber, J. Siegrist, [hep-ph/9511206]; J. Bagger et al: Phys. Rev. D49 (1994), 1246, [hep-ph/9306256]; R. Casalbuoni et al: Z. Phys. C60 (1993), 315; See also  and references therein.Google Scholar
- 4.For a review of technicolor/extended technicolor theories and topcolor-assisted technicolor theories see K. Lane “Technicolor 2000”, [hep-ph/0007304].Google Scholar
- 5.E.R. Morales, M.E. Peskin: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Linear Colliders, Sitges, Barcelona, Spain, 28 April–5 May, 1999, [hep-ph/9909383].Google Scholar
- 8.T.L. Barklow: “Using e + e - → υυtt to probe strong EW symmetry breaking at the NLC”, report from the Proceedings of the 1996 DPF/DPB Summer Study, Snowmass, Colorado, June 25–July 12, 1996.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Gintner, S. Godfrey: contribution to the Proceedings of the 1996 DPF/DPB Summer Study, Snowmass, Colorado, June 25–July 12, 1996, [hep-ph/9612342].Google Scholar
- 11.M. Gintner, I. Melo: contribution to the Proceedings of the 13 th Conference of the Slovak and Czech physicists, Zvolen, Slovakia, Aug 1999.Google Scholar
- 12.T. Han, Y.J. Kim, A. Likhoded, G. Valencia: [hep-ph/0005306].Google Scholar
- 15.M. Gintner, I. Melo: Acta Phys. Slovaca 51 (2001), 139.Google Scholar