From Glushkov WFAs to Rational Expressions
- 299 Downloads
In this paper, we extend to the multiplicity case a characterization of Glushkov automata, and show the existence of a normal form for rational expressions. These results are used to obtain a rational expression of small size from a Glushkov WFA.
KeywordsNormal Form Rational Expression Regular Expression Rational Series Weighted Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Berstel and C. Reutenauer. Rational series and their languages. EATCS Monographs on Theoretical Computer Science. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1988.Google Scholar
- 5.P. Caron and M. Flouret. Glushkov construction for series: the non commutative case. Internat. J. Comput. Math. To appear.Google Scholar
- 6.P. Caron and M. Flouret. Star normal form, rational expressions and glushkov WFAs properties. In Seventh International Conference on Implementation and Application of Automata, CIAA’02.Google Scholar
- 9.K. Culik II and J. Kari. Digital images and formal languages. In G. Rozenberg and A. Salomaa, editors, Handbook of Formal Languages, pages 599–616. svb, 1997.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Lombardy and J. Sakarovitch. Derivatives of regular expression with multiplicity. Technical Report 2001D001, ENST, Paris, 2001.Google Scholar
- 13.F. Pereira and M. Riley. Speech recognition by composition of weighted finite automata. In E. Roche and Y. Schabes, editors, Finite state language processing, pages 431–453, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1997. M.I.T. Press.Google Scholar