Extracting Database Information from E-mail Messages
- 149 Downloads
We present an approach to extracting information (IE) from electronic mail messages for addition to a specific data repository. Whereas most IE systems start with a syntactic analysis of the message, our software generates possible sentence structures from the metadata and then pattern matches these structures and generates update statements which can be used to add the new data to the repository. The paper describes an initial version of a component which handles a number of kinds of sentences, and also discusses approaches to working with more complex communications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Cardie, Empirical Methods in Information Extraction, AI Magazine, 18:4, 65–79 1997.Google Scholar
- R. Cooper, An Architecture for Collaboratively Assembled Moderated Information Bearing Web Sites, Web based Collaboration, September, 2002.Google Scholar
- R. Cooper and M. Davidson, Managing Typed Hybrid XML and Relational Data Repositories, Technical Report in preparation, 2003.Google Scholar
- D. Kerr, Incorporating Multimedia Data into a Collaborative Web Site Design Tool, MSc Dissertation, University of Glasgow, 2001.Google Scholar
- N. Laciok, An XML Component for a Collaboratively Developed Website, MSc Dissertation, University of Glasgow, 2000.Google Scholar
- M.T. Pazienza, Information Extraction: Towards Scalable, Adaptable Systems, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 1714, Springer, 1999.Google Scholar