Full-Potential LMTO Total Energy and Force Calculations
- 5.3k Downloads
The essential features of a full potential electronic structure method using Linear Muffin-Tin Orbitals (LMTOs) are presented. The electron density and potential in the this method are represented with no inherent geometrical approximation. This method allows the calculation of total energies and forces with arbitrary accuracy while sacrificing much of the efficiency and physical content of approximate methods such as the LMTO-ASA method.
KeywordsCoulomb Potential Atomic Position Spherical Wave Principal Quantum Number Reciprocal Lattice Vector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.H. L. Skriver, The LMTO method (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1984).Google Scholar
- 3.J. M. Wills (unpublished); J. M. Wills and B. Cooper, Phys. Rev. B 36, 389 (1987).Google Scholar
- 9.J. D. Jackson, Classical Electrodynamics, John Wiley and Sons, (New York, 1978).Google Scholar
- 11.J. M. Wills, O. Eriksson, and A. M. Boring, Phys. Rev. Lett. 67, 2215 (1991); M. Alouani, R.C. Albers, J. M. Wills, and M. Springborg, Phys. Rev. Lett. 69, 3104, (1992), M. Alouani, J. W. Wilkins, R.C. Albers, and J. M. Wills, ibid., 71, 1415 (1993); M. Alouani and J. M. Wills, Phys. Rev. B 54, 2480 (1996); R. Ahuja et al., ibid. 55, 4999 (1996).CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- 13.C. Lanczos, Applied Analysis, Dover Publications Inc., New York, 1988.Google Scholar
- 14.A. R. Edmonds, Angular Momentum in Quantum Mechanics, Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1974.Google Scholar