T-Duality and the Gravitational Description of Gauge Theories
- 767 Downloads
This is a review of some basic features on the relation between su- pergravity and pure gauge theories with special emphasis on the relation between T-duality and supersymmetry. Some new results concerning the interplay between T-duality and near horizon geometries are presented.
KeywordsGauge Theory Vertex Operator Open String Ective Theory Closed String
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.B. Green, J.H. Schwarz and E. Witten, Superstring Theory(Cambridge U. Press 1987).Google Scholar
- J. Polchinski String theory Vol. I and Vol. II (Cambridge U. Press 1998).Google Scholar
- E. Kiritsis, Introduction to Superstring Theory. Leuven: Leuven University, to be publish, hep-th/9709062.Google Scholar
- A. Giveon, M. Porrati and E. Ravinivici, Phys. Rep. 244,77 (1994).Google Scholar
- J. Polchinski, Phys. Rev. Lett. 75,4724 (1995).Google Scholar
- D. Friedam, E. Martinec and S. Shenker, Nucl. Phy. B271,93 (1986).Google Scholar
- J. Polchinski, In Fields, Strings and Duality. TASI 1996 eds. C. Efthimiou and B. Greene, 293.Google Scholar
- T.H. Buscher,Phys. Lett. B194 59 (1987). T.H. Buscher, Phys. Lett. B201 466 (1988) E. Alvarez, L. Alarez-Gaume and Y. Lozano, hep-th/9406206Google Scholar