On Generalizing Pawlak Approximation Operators
- 615 Downloads
This paper reviews and discusses generalizations of Pawlak rough set approximation operators in mathematical systems, such as topological spaces, closure systems, lattices, and posets. The structures of generalized approximation spaces and the properties of approximation operators are analyzed.
KeywordsTopological Space Closure System Modal Logic Boolean Algebra Approximation Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. Cattaneo, Abstract approximation spaces for rough theories, in: Rough Sets in Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, edited by L. Polkowski and A. Skowron, Physica Verlag, Berlin, to appear.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Haack, Philosophy of Logics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1978.Google Scholar
- 8.T.Y. Lin and Q. Liu, Rough approximate operators: axiomatic rough set theory, in: Rough Sets, Fuzzy Sets and Knowledge Discovery, edited by W.P. Ziarko, Springer-Verlag, London, 256–260, 1994.Google Scholar
- 17.Y.Y. Yao, Relational interpretations of neighborhood operators and rough set approximation operators, Information Sciences, to appear.Google Scholar
- 18.Y.Y. Yao, A comparative study of fuzzy sets and rough sets, Information Sciences, to appear.Google Scholar
- 19.Y.Y. Yao and T.Y. Lin, Generalization of Rough Sets using Modal Logic, Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, an International Journal, 2:103–120 (1996).Google Scholar