Pattern Recognition by Invariant Reference Points
- 571 Downloads
New methodology for pattern recognition is presented which is based on design of invariant reference points. It is shown that the k-NN distance classifier is a special case of this methodology. New classifiers within this framework are also described.
KeywordsReference Point Feature Vector Selection Technique Measurement Vector Target Domain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Bishop (1995) Neural Networks for Pattern Recognition, Clarendon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Fisher, ed. (1995) Fractal Image Compression — Theory and Application, Springer Verlag.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Haykin (1994) Neural networks — A Comprehensive Foundation, Maxwell Macmillan International.Google Scholar
- 8.T. Kohonen (1995) Self-Organizing Maps, Springer, Berlin.Google Scholar
- 9.Y. Linde, A. Buzo, R.M. Gray (1980) An algorithm for vector quantizer design, IEEE Trans. Comm., COM-28 1980 28–45.Google Scholar
- 10.E. Oja (1983) Subspace methods of pattern recognition, Research Studies Press, England.Google Scholar