Dynamics and Controls of Hexapod Machine Tools
- 703 Downloads
To enable widespread adoption of hexapod machine tools as a new machining paradigm in industry, research on the development of advanced methodologies for modelling, system parameter identification and controls has been initiated. This paper presents the work-in-progress which involves both theoretical and experimental analyses. The research activities are segmented into two major areas: controls and dynamics. By conducting the research in parallel, the results of each segmented area supplement the other, which in turn provides a better comprehension of the controls and dynamics of hexapod machine tool performance.
KeywordsMachine Tool Sandia National Laboratory Parallel Kinematic Machine Platform Position Tool Trajectory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yoshikawa T 1990 Foundation of Robotics: Analysis and Control. The MIT PressGoogle Scholar
- 2.Walker C 1997 Error Analysis of Hexapod Machine Tools with Inclusion of System Dynamics. Masters Thesis, University of Florida, Gainesville FloridaGoogle Scholar
- 3.Wiens G, Walker C 1998 Hexapod Machine Tool Error Analysis with Inclusion of System Dynamics. Paper accepted for presentation at 1998 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Anaheim, CA, November 15–20Google Scholar
- 4.Barney P 1998 Hexapod Mini-Modal Survey. Sandia National Laboratories Report, Albuquerque, NM, July 13Google Scholar
- 5.Roberts A, Heger M, Fichter J, Wiens G 1998 Dynamic Performance and Controls of Hexapod Machine Tools. In: Proceedings of 1998 Florida Conference on Recent Advances in Robotics, Melbourne, FL, March 26–27, pp 64–68Google Scholar