We have to remember that this August  I start the last year of my Honorary Consultantship with the NHS and it is possible that I may not be sanctioned to operate in the NHS after this, even though I understand I shall be permitted to carry on my research activities here as long as I wish. (18.8.80)
KeywordsGreat Trochanter Bony Union Bony Fragment Femoral Prosthesis Acrylic Cement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Charnley J. with Boardman K.P. and Bocco F. (1978) An evaluation of a method of trochanteric fixation using three wires in the Charnley low friction arthroplasty. Clin Orthop 132: 31–8Google Scholar
- 3.Charnley J. (1979) Low Friction Arthroplasty of the Hip. Theory and Practice. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Charnley J. (1982) The future of total hip replacement. In: The Hip (Proceedings of the Hip Society) C. V. Mosby, St Louis, pp 198–210Google Scholar
- 5.Hardinge K. (1982) Direct lateral approach to the hip. J Bone Joint Surg (Br) 64: 17–9Google Scholar
- 6.Nisbet N.W., Woodruffe M.F.A. (1984) John Charnley. Biographical memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society, London 30: 119–37Google Scholar