Minimizing occupational exposure to pesticides: Personnel monitoring
- 34 Downloads
This communication is presented with two objectives in mind. The first objective is to provide an introduction to personnel monitoring of occupational exposure to pesticides for those who are not familiar with this field of investigation. The second objective is to stimulate discussion, which will result in the formation of recommendations for research necessary for material improvement of exposure assessment.
KeywordsOccupational Exposure Dermal Exposure Hourly Exposure Respiratory Medium Dust Respirator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Diem, K., and C. Lentner (eds.): Documenta Geigy scientific tables, 7th ed. Basle: J. R. Geigy S. A. (1970).Google Scholar
- Lewis, R. G.: Sampling and analysis of airborne pesticides. In R. E. Lee, Jr. (ed.): Air pollution from pesticides and agricultural processes, p. 51. Cleveland: CRC Press (1976).Google Scholar
- Linch, A. L.: Evaluation of ambient air quality by personnel monitoring. Cleveland: CRC Press (1974).Google Scholar
- Matbach, H. I., and R. Feldman: Systemic absorption of pesticides through the skin of man. In T. H. Milby (Chairman): “Occupational Exposure to Pesticides,” report to the Federal Working Group on Pest Management from the Task Group on Occupational Exposure to Pesticides. Washington, D.C. (Jan. 1974).Google Scholar
- Maitlen, J. C., and C. R. Sell: Personal communication (1979).Google Scholar
- Milby, T. H., F. Ottoboni, and H. W. Mitchell: Parathion residue poisoning among orchard workers. J. Amer. Med. Assoc. 189, 351 (1964).Google Scholar
- Thompson, J. F. (ed.): Manual of analytical methods for the analysis of pesticide residues in human and environmental samples. Section 8, B, IV, 1. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Toxicology Division, Research Triangle Park, N.C. (1977).Google Scholar
- Wolfe, H. R.: Field exposure to airborne pesticides. In R. E. Lee, Jr. (ed.): Air pollution from pesticides and agricultural processes, p. 137. Cleveland: CRC Press (1976).Google Scholar
- Wolfe, H. R.: Personal communication (1979).Google Scholar