Logical Optimization of Rule-Based Models
- 177 Downloads
In this chapter the algebraic relations between conventional Boolean logic, finite-valued logic and continuous-valued logic are discussed and a proper mathematical framework is defined. Within that framework we study how algorithms originally devised to cope with switching circuits can be used to process the natural language statements which define a fuzzy rule-based model, demonstrating that the human manipulations of alternatives with similar consequences and of exceptional cases can be partially but effectively automated.
KeywordsFuzzy System Product Term Boolean Space Convex Decomposition Elementary Predicate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H.R. Berenji, P.S. Khedkar, “Clustering in Product Space for Fuzzy Inference,” FUZZ-IEEE’93, San Francisco, California, March 1993Google Scholar
- J. Hohensohn, J.M. Mendel, “Two-Pass Orthogonal Least-Squares Algorithm to Train and Reduce Fuzzy Logic Systems,” FUZZ-IEEE’94, Orlando, Florida, June 1994Google Scholar
- C.C. Hung, B.R. Fernandez, “Minimizing Rules of Fuzzy Logic Systems by Using a Systematic Approach,” FUZZ-IEEE’93, San Francisco, California, March 1993Google Scholar
- R. Rovatti, R. Guerrieri, G. Baccarani, “Fuzzy Rules Optimization and Logic Synthesis,” FUZZ-IEEE’93, San Francisco, California, March 1993Google Scholar
- R. Rovatti, R. Guerrieri,T. Villa, “Fuzzy rules Optimization for Analog VLSI Implementation,” FUZZ-IEEE’95, Yokohama, Japan, March 1995Google Scholar
- R. Rovatti, R. Guerrieri, “Exception-Based Fuzzy Rules Optimization,” EU-FIT’95, Aachen, Germany, August 1995Google Scholar
- N. Manaresi, R. Rovatti, E. Franchi, R. Guerrieri, G. Baccarani, “Automatic Synthesis of Analog Fuzzy Controllers: a Hardware and Software Approach,” to appear on IEEE Trans, on Industrial ElectronicsGoogle Scholar
- W. Pedrycz, Fuzzy Control and Fuzzy Systems, second, extended, edition, Tounton: Research Studies Press Ltd., 1993Google Scholar
- O. Landolt, “Efficient Analog CMOS Implementation of Fuzzy rules by Direct Synthesis of Multidimensional Fuzzy Subspaces,” FUZZ-IEEE’93, San Francisco, California, March 1993Google Scholar
- N. Manaresi, E. Franchi, R. Guerrieri, G. Baccarani, R. Poluzzi, “A Modular Analog Architecture for Fuzzy Controllers,” ESSCIRC’94, Ulm, Germany, September 1994Google Scholar