Plasma Cardionatrin and Volume and the Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone System in Normotensiye and Hypertensive Pregnancy
- 12 Downloads
Cardionatrin is the 28 aminoacid atrial natriuretic peptide which is released into the circulation from its storage granules when the atria are stretched, (1,2). This peptide has both remarkable natriuretic and vasodilating properties and suppresses the renin angiotensin aldosterone system. It may therefore be Implicated in the pathogenesis of hypertension. So far it has been investigated only In essential hypertension and shown to be increased (3). It has not yet been evaluated in pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) or preeclampsia. Therefore we measured plasma concentrations of cardionatrin in pregnant women with normal blood pressure as well as in women with PIH and preeclampsia during pregnancy and after delivery, simultaneouly with their plasma volume, blood uric acid, plasma renin activity (PRA) and plasma concentrations of aldosterone(PA).
KeywordsPregnant Woman Essential Hypertension Plasma Volume Atrial Natriuretic Peptide Plosma Renin activIty
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1/.DE BOLD A.J. Science.230: 765–770, 1985Google Scholar
- 2/.NEEDLEMAN P., Adams S.P., Cole B. Hyper tension.7: 469–482, 1985Google Scholar
- 3/.Saθnella θ.A., Shore A.C., Markandun N.D., Mc θreθor θ.A.Lancet. i: 179–181, 1986Google Scholar
- 4/.SMITH R.W., YARROUGH C.J. Am J, Obst, Gyn.99: 18–20, 1967Google Scholar
- 5/.CUSSON J.R., GUTKOWSKA J., Rey E. and Al N. Eng.J. Med.313 1230–1231,1985Google Scholar
- 7/.Weidman P., Hjasler L., Gnadinger MP. et al. J. Clin. Invest 1966, 77, 734–742.Google Scholar