Environmental Attributes of Manufacturing Processes
- 307 Downloads
This chapter examines the ISO 14000 environmental standard, the basic components of Environmentally Conscious Manufacturing, and gives some examples of how they may be integrated in support of an organization’s environmental policy.
KeywordsElectrical Discharge Machine Waste Stream Dielectric Fluid Core Sand Original Equipment Manufacture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DeVor, R. E., T. H. Chang, and J. W. Sutherland (1992). Statistical Quality Design and Control: Contemporary Concepts and Methods. Macmillan.Google Scholar
- EPA Office of Compliance Sector Notebook Project: Profile of the Rubber and Plastics Industry (1995a). EPA/310-R-95-016.Google Scholar
- EPA Office of Compliance Sector Notebook Project: Profile of the Fabricated Metal Products Industry (1995b). EPA/310-R-95-007.Google Scholar
- EPA Office of Compliance Sector Notebook Project: Profile of the Metal Casting Industry (1997). PA/310-R-97-004.Google Scholar
- Graedel, T. E. and B. R. Allenby (1995). Industrial Ecology. Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- Kalpakjian, S. (1992). Manufacturing Engineering and Technology. Addison-Wesley.Google Scholar
- NIOSH Criteria for a Recommended Standard: Welding Brazing, and Thermal Cutting. (1988). U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, NIOSH, Pub. No. 88–110.Google Scholar
- Olson, W. W. and J. W. Sutherland. (1993). “Research Issues in Demanufacturing.” Transactions of NAMRI/SME. Vol. 21, pp. 443–450.Google Scholar
- Sheng, P., and M. Srinivasan (1996). “Green Agents for Distributed Manufacturing.” Japan-USA Symposium on Flexible Automation. July 7-10, Vol. 2, pp. 1111–1118.Google Scholar
- Tonshoff, H. K., R. Egger, and F. Klocke. (1996). “Environmental and Safety Aspects of Electrophysical and Electrochemical Processes.” Annals of the CIRP. Vol. 45/2, pp. 1–16.Google Scholar
- Yue, Y., K. L. Gunter, D. J. Michalek, and J. W. Sutherland. (1999). “An Examination of Cutting Fluid Mist Formation in Turning.” Transactions of NAMRI/SME. Vol. 27, pp. 221–226.Google Scholar