Collectivity in Medium Mass N≈Z Nuclei: Rotation Induced Octupole Correlations
- 153 Downloads
Medium and heavy nuclei with N≈Z are of special interest due to the fact that protons and neutrons occupy the same orbitals. This leads to a pronounced reinforcement of shell effects which may in some cases result in shapes not observed hitherto. High spin states of the proton rich nuclei in the mass regions A≈70 and 100 have been studied at the GASP and recently at the EUROBALL γ-ray spectrometers. Of the several nuclei populated in the reactions I will discuss here the high spin states of 105In, 105Sn and 109Te as examples for magnetic rotation and rotation induced octupole collectivity. High spin states in the light Ga nuclei have been investigated in order to search for collective modes based on proton neutron pairing correlations. The absence of the blocking effect for rotational structures in odd-odd N=Z nuclei is proposed as an experimental signature.
KeywordsRotational Frequency Positive Parity Quadrupole Deformation Octupole Deformation Negative Parity Band
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Bazzacco, Int. Conf on Nuclear Structure at High Angular Momentum, Ottawa, 1992, Vol.2. AECL 10613, p376.Google Scholar
- E Farnea et al., LNL-INFN(Rep)-095/95, (1994) 189 Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A400 (1997) 87.Google Scholar
- G. de Angelis et al., 437 (1998) 236.Google Scholar
- W. Satula and R. Wyss, B393 (1997) 1.Google Scholar
- G. de Angelis et al., B415 (1997) 217.Google Scholar
- S. Skoda et al, to be published.Google Scholar