The Use of a Realistic Effective Nucleon-Nucleon Interaction in Pre-Equilibrium Scattering
- 155 Downloads
Calculations during the last 20 years have shown that the FeshbachKerman-Koonin model gives successful predictions of continuum scattering for (p,p’) and (p,n) scattering. However, a very simple effective nucleon-nucleon interaction with an adjustable strength has usually been used in these studies. The use of a more realistic effective interaction is described in this contribution. Results of preliminary calculations indicate that cross-sections using such an interaction over-predict the measured cross sections indicating that aspects of the theory need to be reconsidered.
KeywordsYukawa Interaction Quantum Mechanical Description Double Differential Cross Section Total Reaction Cross Section Double Differential Cross
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Pre-equilibrium Nuclear Reactions, E Gadioli and P.E. Hodgson, Clarendon press, 1992.Google Scholar
- A.J. Koning, M. B. Chadwick, Phys. Rev. C56Google Scholar
- S. W. Steyn, Ph. D. Thesis, University of Stellenbosch (1997)Google Scholar
- R. Bonetti, C. Chiesa, University of Milan, unpublished.Google Scholar
- G. F. Bertsch, J. Borysowicz, H. McManus and W. G. Love Nuclear Phys. A248, 399 (1977).Google Scholar
- J. Raynal, computer code DWBA91 (unpublished)Google Scholar
- Ph.D. thesis: S. Karataglidis, Univ. of Melbourne, Australia; P. J. Dort-mans and K. Amos, Phys. Rev. C49, 1309 (1994); S. Karataglidis, P. J. Dortmans, K. Amos and R. de Swiniarski, Phys. Rev. C52, 861 (1995).Google Scholar
- R Lindsay, Acta Phys. Slov. 45, 717 (1995).Google Scholar