Optimal Routing Control in Retrial Queues
- 657 Downloads
Dedication. One of the earliest papers in retrial queues is by Keilson, Cozzolino, and Young . Retrials queues has grown into an important area of research over the last decade, as evidenced by the survey papers by Yang and Templeton , Falin , and Kulkarni and Liang . However, as far as the authors are aware, there are no results on the control of retrial queues. In this chapter, we try to fill this gap.
KeywordsOptimal Policy System Controller Retrial Queue Infinite Horizon Discount Cost
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Berteskas, D. P. Dynamic Programming: Deterministic and Stochastic Models. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1987.Google Scholar
- Davis, E. Optimal Control of Arrivals to a Two Server Queueing System with Separate Queues. Ph.D. dissertation, Program in Operations Research, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 1977.Google Scholar
- Hariharan, R., Kulkarni, V. G., and Stidham, S. Optimal control of two infinite server queues. Proc. 29th IEEE Conf. Decision and Control, Hawaii, 1990.Google Scholar
- Kulkarni, V. G., and Liang, H. M. Retrial queues revisited. In: Dshalalow, J. H. (ed), Frontiers in Queueing: Models, Methods and Problems. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, to appear, 1995.Google Scholar
- Stidham, S. Optimal control of admission, routing, and service in queues and networks of queues: a tutorial review. Proc. ARO Workshop: Analytical and Computation Issues in Logistics R and D, George Washington University, Washington, DC, 1984, pp. 330–377.Google Scholar