Magneto-Optical Absorption in II-VI Semiconductors: Application to CdTe
- 82 Downloads
The linear magneto-optical absorption theory is introduced. We start from the Kubo formula for the frequency dependent conductivity and apply the memory function formalism. The electron-LO-phonon interaction and the band non-parabolicity are incorporated. The theory is used to analyse recent experimental data on CdTe. For the first time, data have become available for ω с > ω LO (ω c is the cyclotron frequency and ωlo is the long-wavelength LO-phonon frequency). These new experimental results provide a quantitative test of the theory of large polarons. For the full magnetic field range (B : 0 → 20.5T) theory and experiment agree very well and the proposed band mass т ь /т е = 0.0920 is consistent with the electron-phonon coupling constant α = 0.3.
KeywordsCyclotron Resonance Landau Level Band Mass Large Polaron Polaron Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Polarons and Excitons, edited by CG. Kuper and G.D. Whitfield (Oliver and Boyd, Edinburgh, 1963).Google Scholar
- 2.Polarons in Ionic Crystals and Polar Semiconductors, edited by J.T. Devreese (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1972).Google Scholar
- 3.Polarons and Excitons in Polar Semiconductors, edited by J.T. Devreese and F.M. Peeters (Plenum, New York, 1984).Google Scholar
- 15.D.M. Larsen and E.J. Johnson, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn., Suppl., 21, 443 (1966).Google Scholar
- 17.D.M. Larsen, in Polarons in Ionic Crystals and Polar Semiconductors, Ref. 2, p.237Google Scholar
- 23.Oberti et al, (to be published).Google Scholar
- 26.Landolt-Börnstein tables, editor O. Madelung (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1982), Vol. 17b, p. 225.Google Scholar