European Research Projects Related to WSNs
- 665 Downloads
We summarize some relevant research European projects to give the reader a picture on the work in progress in the industrial and academic communities regarding WSNs. For each project we have included a list with basic information (useful if more data on the project are sought) and a summary of the main project objectives. The large number of projects whose research objectives fall into WSNs (in whole or in part) also gives an idea of the high current interest in this technology.
KeywordsSensor Network Sensor Node Wireless Sensor Network Ambient Intelligence Future Radio
- Casaca A, Westhoff D (Eds) (2006) Scenario definition and initial threat analysis. UbiSec&Sens Project Deliverable D0.1.Google Scholar
- Havinga P, Etalle S, Karl H, et al. (2003) EYES—Energy Efficient Sensor Networks, Springer, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Heinzelman WR, Kulik J, Balakrishnan H (1999) Adaptive protocols for information dissemination in wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the 5th Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '99), pp. 174–185.Google Scholar
- Iftode L, Borcea C, Kang P (2004) Cooperative computing in sensor networks. In Ilyas M, Mahgoub I (Eds) Handbook of Sensor Networks: Compact Wireless and Wired Sensing Systems, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.Google Scholar
- Intanagonwiwat C, Govindan R, Estrin D (2000) Directed diffu-sion: A scalable and robust communication paradigm for sensor networks. In Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom ’00), pp. 56–67.Google Scholar
- IST EVENT 2006. Strategies for Leadership. http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/istevent/2006/index_en.htm.
- Disco Lab, Rutgers University. Smart Messages. http://discolab.rutgers.edu/sm/. Accessed October 2006.
- Stoyanova T, Kerasiotis F, Prayati A, et al. (2007) Evaluation of impact factors on RSS accuracy for localization and tracking applications. In Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Workshop on Mobility Management and Wireless Access (MobiWac ’07), pp. 9–16.Google Scholar
- Wireless World Initiative Home page. http://www.wireless-world-initiative.org/.
- Zhou P, Nadeem T, Kang P, et al. (2004) EZCab: A cab booking application using short-range wireless communication. Rutgers University Technical Report DCS TR550.Google Scholar