Uniform Design on Manifold
- 80 Downloads
Uniform design aims to scatter points as evenly as possible on certain domain. Although in real applications, the experimental domain is often quite arbitrary, the discrepancies frequently used to measure the uniformity of experimental designs are often defined on the unit cube. In this paper, we will introduce a unified framework to measure the uniformity of an experimental design on manifold. We will give some examples to illustrate the construction of uniform designs on some specific manifolds and provide a stochastic algorithm to construct uniform designs on the unit semi-spherical surface and on the unit spherical surface. Numerical results show that the algorithm performs well.
The author would like to thank the referees for their valuable and helpful comments. This research is supported by Natural Science Foundation of China (11671290) and Jiangsu Provincial Key Subject on Statistics (GD10700118).
- 3.Fan, H., Gao, X., Wang, Y.: Research on group inter-ception strategy of multiple kill vehicle (in Chinese). Syst. Eng. Electron. 32(8), 1700–1702 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Fang, K.T.: The uniform design: application of number-theoretic methods in experimental design. Acta Math. Appl. Sin. 3, 363–372 (1980)Google Scholar
- 6.Fang, K.T., Liu, M.Q., Qin, H., Zhou, Y.D.: Theory and Application of Uniform Experimental Designs. Science Press and Springer (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.Fredrickson, S., Duran, S., Mitchell, J.: Mini AERCam Inspection Robot for Human Space Missions. In: Space 2004 Conference and Exhibit, California, USA, 28–30 Sept (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Li, J.: Uniform Designs on Symmetrical Domains and Their Constructions (in Chinese). Master Thesis, Soochow University (2011)Google Scholar
- 20.Tammes, R.M.L.: On the origin of number and arrangement of places of exit on the surface of pallen grains. Rec. Trav. Bot. Neerl. 27, 1–84 (1930)Google Scholar
- 21.Todhunter, I.: Spherical Trigonometry (5th ed.). MacMillan (1886)Google Scholar