Evaluating the Effectiveness of HR Management Departments Based on Cluster Analysis
- 51 Downloads
The article examines problems of evaluating the effectiveness of personnel management services (departments) of JSC “Russian Railways” branches based on the statistical method. Special attention is paid to the selection and justification of criteria that ensure selective use of data sets for cluster construction. The classification of criteria is analyzed depending on HR metrics. The authors focus on the clustering algorithm, the k-means method. The use of statistical clustering method allows analyzing the effectiveness of personnel management departments of JSC “Russian Railways”. The analysis of HR policy and HR management strategy allowed us to create a set of HR metrics that take into account the main directions of the company’s HR processes. Each department has a specific development, which is explained by the production conditions, organization and management features. However, it is possible to speak about regularities when these features are repeated in the aggregate of services (departments). It is the objectivity of features that helps to distinguish homogeneous groups of services (departments).
KeywordsClustering HR metrics HR management K-means method KPI indicators R language
The reported study was funded by RFBR, project number 20-010-00549.
- 1.Alifanov, K.: People and digital. HR-Partner 3, 16–19 (2019)Google Scholar
- 2.Chadwick, C., Li, P.S.: HR systems, HR departments, and perceived establishment labor productivity. Hum. Res. Manag. 57(6), 1415–1428 (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Turriago-Hoyos, A., Thoene, U., Arjoon, S.: Knowledge workers and virtues in Peter Drucker’s management theory. Sage Open, 6(1) (2016). http://sgo.sagepub.com/content/6/1/2158244016639631. Accessed 24 06 2020
- 8.Vienni, Bachtiar, M.: Analysis of performance measurement at HR-GR department using the balance scorecard method. In: (2017). IOP Conference Series-Materials Science and Engineering, vol 277, p. 012006 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Zamecnik, R.: Human resources controlling as a tool for measuring human resources key performance indicators. In: Pastuszkova, E., Crhova, Z., Vychytilova, J., Vytrhlikova, B., Knapkova, A., (Eds.), Proceeding of the 7th International Scientific Conference on Finance and Performance of Firms in Science, Education and Practice, (pp. 1681–1695). Zlin: Tomas Bata University. (2015)Google Scholar